Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for Zeal - April A to Z Blog Challenge



Zeal: Great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective.  Synonyms: Passion, ardor, love, fervor, fire…..

On March 6, 2015, I wrote my very first blog. Ever. Because a friend said I should. On April 1st, I was telling another friend about my friend’s entry in the April A to Z Blog challenge and explained what the challenge was all about. This friend said “you should do it”. I said, I’ve only written 3 blogs in my entire life. I’m not ready. He pushed. I said it starts today, and it’s already 8 pm! He pushed some more. Have I ever told you, that sometimes I cave to peer pressure? Well, ok only to some peers, but still. I signed up for the challenge.  AND I MADE IT!  The purpose of the challenge is to get us to write every day (except Sundays).  And I will admit to sometimes writing two or three blogs in a day, and a couple ended up not getting posted until very late in the day.  I made the challenge. A post for every letter in the alphabet, and a post for everyday in the month (again, except Sundays)

But what I got out of it was so much more. I got good feedback for my writing. I learned that I LOVE to write. I learned that I am passionate about writing. And I just can’t stop. I am now working on a book, or two (wink, wink). I have a new passion, a new love, a zeal for writing.

I would like to thank the organizers of the challenge, my Fairy Godmother, Donna M., my pushy friend Ron M. and my mom, for offering the opportunity, and for pushing, pulling, cheerleading, sending me those Urgent: edit your blog messages, putting up with my new crazy schedule and washing a few extra dishes because “I was in the zone”.  I couldn’t have done it without you.

What a fabulous experience it has been!  I wish to send out my deepest heartfelt Thank You, to all my readers. Readers give writing purpose.

God Bless you all, and thank you again for all you do! Now, let's go have a glass of that heavenly Ecuadorian Champagne. (or two)


 Tomorrow we will start looking for a new abode, that includes an office! ;-)

~*~
Scarlett Braden
in Cuenca, Living the good life!


2 comments:

  1. You're a good writer.

    Thank you so much for participating in the A to Z Challenge! You rock! Congrats on getting to the letter Z! Reminder: there will be an A to Z Reflections round on May 4th. There will be a Linky for it on the main blog, so please look for it there! Please post your reflections on the challenge, visit others, and catch up on the blogs you didn't have time to read!

    Team Macha, Helping Co-Host Zalka
    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there.
    Congratulations on surviving your first ever A-Z challenge! It's always nice to come across bloggers who got inspired from taking part in the challenge. I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Drop me a note...